POSTIDENT Portal (general)
- POSTIDENT by post office will be purely digital by 30th September 2020!
Benefit from the advantages of digitization early on. You won’t receive any paper forms for POSTIDENT by post office cases by 30th September 2020 at the latest. From this point of time you will receive identification data from the post office purely digital. Please adjust your processes on time. Further information and an option to contact our serviceteam can be found at http://www.postident.de/digitalisation
POSTIDENT Portal Interface extension (SCR - REST API)
- In the future the whole identification status (status, substatus, substatusreason) will be provided by POSTIDENT SCR interface in the case of an incomplete identification attempt (incomplete). As a result it will be easier to precisely understand, why a case is incomplete or has been interrupted.
- The identification status incomplete will now also be shown for the identification method eID of the German national identity card. This will happen when for example the customer interrupts the identification process. Like in the other identification methods the identification can be restarted using the same case.
- Extension to the result data: the data field nationality contains four further codes for refugees and stateless persons in addition to the supplement RKS.
Codes according to ISO-3166 ALPHA-3 plus:
- RKS for Kosovar
- NEW: XXA for Stateless
- NEW: XXB for Refugee (1951 Convention)
- NEW: XXC for Refugee
- NEW: XXX for Unspecified
You will find all changes in detail in our interface description (guide 1 start and guide 2 result) at https://www.deutschepost.de/de/p/postident/downloads.html
POSTIDENT apps und websites
- POSTIDENT app for Apple smartphones/ iPhones includes identification by eID of the German national identity card:
- From April 2020 the identification by eID is now also possible on iOS devices.
(Picture: starting website for this identification method on the POSTIDENT portal)
- For further information please visit POSTIDENT by eID
- Information: if you already have a connection to the POSTIDENT portal and if you use digital methods for identification then the Identification by eID method can be added simply by being configurated by the serviceteam POSTIDENT.
- Prerequisites for usage by your customers: iOS version 13.2 and higher, NFC functionality, POSTIDENT App