- What formats does DIALOGPOST have?
DIALOGPOST has two basic formats (Standard and Large). From January 1, 2020 there is also the DIALOGPOST card in Standard format.
- How is the charge calculated?
By format and weight levels. There are two weight levels in Standard format, and five weight levels in Large format.
If you use the DIALOGPOST MANAGER software, the lowest price is always calculated automatically.
- What can I include in the items when using the DIALOGPOST service?
Effective January 1, 2020, the conditions for the content of DIALOGPOST items will change:
From that date, only advertising may be sent with DIALOGPOST. Non-advertising items whose main purpose is to provide general or personal information can only be sent as letter mail. There is an overview of all the changes here.
VOLUMES and ADDITIONAL PAYMENT
- How many items do I need in order to send my order as DIALOGPOST?
5,000 shipments are required on a national basis. In this case the basic charge is calculated (e.g., 0,30 € for 20 g). 200 shipments are required per routing region.
- What is the minimum volume for the EASY small volume service?
You can use the EASY small volume service to send quantities of between 500 and 4,999 items. Only promotional content is allowed. There is a surcharge of 0,15 € on the basic charge.
- Are additional payments possible with DIALOGPOST?
Yes, if you do not reach the relevant minimum volume, you can make additional payments to cover the difference. Additional payments to cover the difference up to 200 items (per routing region) or 4,000 items (nationwide).
- What is the gross charge per item for my Standard item?
0,28 €/item for a DIALOGPOST card, 0,30 €/item for a Standard item up to 20 g and €0,35 € for weights between 21 and 50 g. The final prices do not include VAT.
- When do I receive a pre-sorting discount?
When bundles or trays are sorted by routing region or postal codes and/or pallets are prepared by routing zones or routing regions. However, the discount for bundle and tray preparation to postal codes is only available for Large items.
- What pre-sorting discounts are available?
Posting Bundle/tray preparation,
From 4.000 5 % 6 % 2 % 5 %
*The pre-sorting discount for bundles/trays per postal code (6%) is only available for Large items.
DIMENSIONS and WEIGHTS
- What formats can I use with DIALOGPOST?
DIALOGPOST is available in the basic formats Standard (including the card) and Large.
- What dimensions and weights must my items have?
Dimensions: Length 150 to 235 mm, width 90 to 125 mm and thickness up to 5 mm
Weight: up to 50 g
Shape: rectangular (mandatory)
Dimensions: Length 140 to 353 mm, width 90 to 250 mm and thickness up to 30 mm
Weight: up to 1.000 g
Shape: rectangular (square is possible**)
*For DIALOGPOST items in the Standard basic format (including the DIALOGPOST card) the length must be at least 1.4 times the width. DIALOGPOST items measuring 148 mm in length (A6 format) are also allowed. This does not apply to creative special formats.
** Square items are possible if the sides are at least 140mm long.
- What is the advance notice threshold?
Advance notice is required from 50,000 items.
- What information do I need to provide when giving advance notice?
From 50,000 items:
Advance notice is required seven days prior to collection/posting via the electronic order management system (AM.exchange data format). The following information must be provided:
- Date of posting/collection (tolerance +/−1 day)
- Place of posting/collection
- Volume of items (tolerance +/−5%)
- Basic product
- Item weight
Full notification of the order is required in the electronic order management system no later than 48 hours before posting.
- When can I post my items?
Items may be posted from Monday to Friday – please note the last posting times at the bulk mail acceptance offices and local opening times. If posting takes place after the last posting time, the transaction date is the next possible posting day.
- Where can I post my items?
You can take your items to any bulk mail acceptance office. There is a volume limit at the retail outlets. A maximum of 5,000 shipments can be posted there.
- Can I use paper lists filled in by hand to post my items?
- What is the transit time for DIALOGPOST?
Items are generally delivered by Deutsche Post no later than four working days from the date of posting, from Tuesdays to Saturdays. This is a quality target and not a transit time commitment.