Participation is only possible for employees of Deutsche Post DHL Group or their subsidiaries, and it is free of charge. For registration, you will need your staff ID number. The strain that tower running places on the cardiovascular system is extremely high. By registering, I confirm that I will only enter the race if my physical fitness is sound, and that I am participating at my own risk.
When done correctly, endurance sports represent one of the most effective ways to maintain health and physical fitness until an advanced age. Would you like to take part in an endurance competition? In order to support you for an optimal start to your physical activity and to prevent you from potentially endangering your health, we ask you to carefully answer the following questionnaire on health. If you have answered one or more questions with “Yes,” we recommend that you have a sports-medicine/cardiological examination before taking on regular training or competitive activities. Please be aware that the amount of completed training also determines your fitness level and represents a health-relevant variable. For example, you should prepare for at least 1.5 to 2 years in a goal-oriented, planned way if you wish to participate in a marathon. We expect a high level of individual responsibility from you. Your health is in your hands, so please treat it with care and consideration.
Health questionnaire, compiled in accordance with the currently prevailing views of leading medical practitioners and sports-medicine institutes in Germany:
- Has a doctor ever told you that you have a heart problem, and recommended that you take part in physical activity only under medical supervision?
- Are you overweight or underweight?
- Is your waist circumference more than 88 cm (for women) or more than 102 cm (for men)?
- Are you over 35 years of age and haven’t been active with sports over a long period of time?
- Have you had elevated blood-pressure levels recorded during blood-pressure monitoring?
- Have conspicuous blood-lipid levels been detected in your case?
- Do you smoke or have you smoked over a longer period in your life?
- In your immediate family, are there any cases of high blood pressure, calcification of coronary arteries/heart attack, blood-sugar diseases or stroke?
- Are you a diabetic?
- In the last few months, have you had a rapid heartbeat, breathlessness or chest pains, regardless of whether it was while you were at rest or under physical stress?
- Do you take medication for high blood pressure, heart problems or breathing difficulties?
- Have you ever experienced dizziness or fainting spells while at rest or under physical stress?
- Do you have any musculoskeletal complaints or illnesses that could worsen during physical activity?
Conditions of participation / Exclusion of liability
- With the registration of participation in the Deutsche Post Tower Run, the runner consents to the storage and use of his or her personal data (surname, first name, gender, date of birth, employee number, residential address, e-mail address, medical data in anonymous form) by the operator for organizational purposes, including medical care and management of the event (§§ 4a, 28 Federal Data Protection Act).
- The results of the Deutsche Post Tower Run (surname, first name, year of birth, starting number, finishing time, race position) are stored by the operator and summarized in result lists. By registering, the runner consents to the publication of this data by the operator in all relevant media (printed material, such as programs, newspapers, results brochures and CDs, and on the Internet).
- Photographs and film recordings that are created in connection with the event can be passed on by the operator to a commercial photo-service provider. By registering for the event, the participant consents to the publication and distribution of such photos, film recordings and interviews on radio, television, the Internet, in print media, books and photomechanical reproductions (films, video cassettes, etc.) without any claim to compensation. In particular, the participant declares his or her consent to the transfer of his or her personal data for the purposes of sending photos depicting the participant during the race and at the finishing line, so that the photos can be produced by a commercial photo-service provider commissioned by the operator. However, in so doing, the participant is not simultaneously declaring that he or she would like to purchase such a photo.
- The operator cannot be held liable for damages of any kind.
- The registration is effective only when verification of the employee’s status has taken place.
- In cases of force majeure, the operator is authorized – or obligated due to official decree or for security reasons – to make changes to the staging of the event or to cancel it. In such cases, the operator has no duty to reimburse the participant or to compensate him or her for damages.
- The operator is not liable for property damage and financial losses that haven’t been caused at least by gross negligence; excluded from this liability limitation are damage caused by the culpable violation of a major contractual obligation of the operator, and personal damage (loss of life, physical injury or health impairment of a person). The above-mentioned liability limitations also extend to the personal liability of employees, representatives, agents and third parties that the operator employs in connection with the staging of the event, or with whom the operator is contractually bound for this purpose.
- The operator accepts no liability for any health risks of the participant in connection with his or her participation. It is incumbent on the participant to check his or her health status prior to the event. Please also see the printed questionnaire on health.
- The operator accepts no liability for items that any of its commissioned third parties has stored for the participant; the liability of the operator shall remain unaffected for cases of gross negligence in selecting the third party.
Deutsche Post AG
Market communication / Brand management