POSTIDENT by post office
This procedure allows your customers to identify themselves safely and reliably in our nationwide network of retail outlets. In order to offer you, as a business customer, even more security in this process, we installed ID readers in over 8,500 retail outlets nationwide in 2017 and 2018. POSTIDENT through a postal retail outlet is also available to you when connecting digitally to the POSTID portal. The procedure is compliant with the German Money Laundering Act (Geldwäschegesetz).
This is how the identity verification via post office works
Your customer will need the following to ensure a fast identity check:
- POSTIDENT coupon
- Dynamically personalized format: A digital and physical coupon generated via the POSTID portal*
- Static format: Provided digitally on your website as a PDF or physically as a letter
- Valid ID document
- The identity check begins with a scan of the coupon brought by the customer
- Deutsche Post staff check photo ID document of your customer to verify identity
Data check and dispatch
Customer and employee sign form to confirm the data
- Data checked by Deutsche Post staff in the retail outlet
- POSTIDENT form printed
- Customer and employee sign form to confirm data
*The coupon is dynamically created using the information required for the individual identification process and thus ensures a clear reference to your business process
Requirements that must be met by your customers:
- Presentation of the POSTIDENT coupon
- Valid ID document with a photograph of the person to be identified (ID card, passport, foreign ID card equivalent to the German ID).
- If necessary: Documents in a sealed envelope that must be returned to you, the requester.
The advantages of POSTIDENT through a postal retail outlet:
- Highest degree of coverage for IDs from 200 countries
- No technical prerequisites must be met by your customer
- Increased security against counterfeiting and fraud thanks to the use of ID readers
- Nationwide branch network
- Transfer of relevant ID data
What are the benefits of a connection to the POSTID portal?
Improved quality and a faster process:
- Dynamically personalized coupon whose data is transferred digitally
Expanded service offer and freedom of choice for your customer:
- Easy expansion of the verification portfolio for your customers through other POSTIDENT products
- A "fallback" for customers who do not meet the technical requirements
Important security information:
- Compliant with the German Money Laundering Act (GwG - Geldwäschegesetz)
- TÜV IT-certified, certified in accordance with the German Digital Signature Act (Signaturgesetz) (eIDAS-compliant)
- Personal local identity check by Deutsche Post staff supplemented with the ID reader's technical assessment
Additional services for more efficiency
Provision of scan data
As the party requesting identity verification, you can opt to receive not only the hard copy of the form, but also the data and images electronically. Deutsche Post also checks the forms for completeness and logic. Errors can thus be detected and corrected before the form is returned to you.
The completeness and logic test in detail:
- Checks for completeness Are all mandatory fields completed?
- Plausibility checks
- Validation of date
- Comparison of the location against a database
These checks do not include checks of the content provided.
With POSTIDENT by post office, you pay for the provision of scanned data an additional rate.
Provision of data at a post office
With this option, the identifying data collected at the post office will be provided electronically. Scanned images of the identity verification forms as well as quality inspection are not part of this additional service.
The advantages in detail:
You, the client, electronically receive the data recorded at the retail outlet along with an image of the ID document, usually on the same day.
You can thus be certain that the data provided was actually collected by in the course of an identity verification process at a Deutsche Post branch.
The electronic provision of data helps you keep track of upcoming deliveries and whether your customer has verified his or her identity.
In the case of POSTIDENT in post offices with digital portal access, the provision of data is already included in the basic fee.
Pricing for the initial set up depends on the solution you chose and the related effort. The pricing of the identification cases is based upon a quantity-dependent staggering.