POSTIDENT by post office
This procedure allows your customers to identify themselves safely and reliably in our nationwide network of retail outlets. In order to afford you, as a business customer, even more security in this process, we will be launching ID readers at our retail outlets as of the fourth quarter of 2016. POSTIDENT via postal retail outlet is also available to you when connecting digitally to the POSTID portal. The procedure is compliant with the German Money Laundering Act (Geldwäschegesetz).
This is how the identity verification via post office works
Your customer will require the following documents to ensure fast identification at a retail outlet:
- POSTIDENT coupon
- Provided by us when a connection is
made to the POSTID portal
- Or provided on your website
- Valid ID document
- If applicable, customer letter
- Identity check at a retail outlet
- ID data read using ID reader
- Data automatically entered in the POSTIDENT form
Data check and dispatch
- Data checked by Deutsche Post staff
- POSTIDENT form printed
- Customer signs form to confirm data
- POSTIDENT form and customer letter (if applicable) dispatched to you
- Optional: If you book additional services, you will receive the identification data and scanned images electronically.
Customer prerequisites to using this process:
- Present POSTIDENT coupon
- Valid ID document with a photograph and signature of the person to be identified (identity card, passport, foreign identity card corresponding to the German ID).
- If necessary: If required: documents in a sealed envelope which must be returned to the requester.
The advantages of POSTIDENT through a post office:
- Collect relevant data from the ID
- Return of additional documents possible
- Nationwide branch network
- Quick return of the identity verification forms
- Increased security against counterfeiting and fraud thanks to the introduction of ID readers
For the identity verification you receive a charged volume.
For digital connection to the POSTID portal, you will benefit from more favourable pricing as well as free electronic access to the identifying data collected.
Additional services for more efficiency
Provision of scan data
As the party requesting identity verification, you can opt to receive not only the hard copy of the form, but also the data and images electronically. Deutsche Post also checks the forms for completeness and logic. Errors can thus be detected and corrected before the form is returned to you.
The completeness and logic test in detail
- Checks for completeness Are all mandatory fields completed?
- Plausibility checks
- Validation of date
- Comparison of the location against a database
These checks do not include checks of the content provided.
With POSTIDENT by post office, you pay for the provision of scanned data an additional rate.
Provision of data at a post office
With this option, the identifying data collected at the post office will be provided electronically. Scanned images of the identity verification forms as well as quality inspection are not part of this additional service.
The advantages in detail:
- You, the client, electronically receive the data recorded at the retail outlet along with an image of the ID document, usually on the same day.
- You can thus be certain that the data provided was actually collected by in the course of an identity verification process at a Deutsche Post branch.
- The electronic provision of data helps you keep track of upcoming deliveries and whether your customer has verified his or her identity.
In the case of POSTIDENT in post offices with digital portal access, the provision of data is already included in the basic fee.