POSTIDENT by postman
With this process, your customers’ identities are directly verified by a Deutsche Post mail carrier.
This is how the identification via postman works
Preparation and delivery
Produce POSTIDENT form. Promptly inform customers of impending identity verification visit. Hard copies of the form and an optional letter to the customer are sent to Deutsche Post AG. Deliver with Delivery list in the POSTIDENT envelope.
Verifying the customer's identity
The Deutsche Post mail carrier verifies the customer's identity. Delivery of the form after recording the identifying data on the POSTIDENT form. Confirmation of the personal data by customer signature. Identity verification takes place at the post office if the recipient is not available when the mail carrier stops by.
Return form to requester
Return of POSTIDENT form to the requester. Receive identifying data and scanned images electronically (optional, extra service).
Customer prerequisites to using this process:
- Valid ID document with a photograph and signature of the person to be identified (identity card, passport, foreign identity card corresponding to the German ID)
- If the person to be identified is not at home, he or she will receive a notification card that must then be presented at the post office. The person to be identified must appear in person; this process cannot be done by a third party.
The advantages of POSTIDENT by postman
- Collect relevant data from the ID
- Customer signature is obtained
- Can be attached to shipments to the customer
- Nationwide delivery network
- Quick return of the identity verification forms
- Increased security against counterfeiting and fraud
Our prices are based on your needs. Contact us to find out more about our range of services and conditions.
Additional services for more efficiency
Provision of scan data
As the party requesting identity verification, you can opt to receive not only the hard copy of the form, but also the data and images electronically. Deutsche Post also checks the forms for completeness and logic. Errors can thus be detected and corrected before the form is returned to you.
Details of the completeness and logical checks
- Checks for completeness Are all mandatory fields completed?
- Plausibility checks
- Validation of date
- Comparison of the location against a database
These checks do not include checks of the content provided.
For POSTIDENT by postman, the provision of scan data is already included in the basic fee.