POSTIDENT by postman and signing of document
With the process, the identity of your customers is verified and signature is collected by a Deutsche Post mail carrier right on the doorstep of your customer.
With POSTIDENT by postman and signing of document , you can opt to deliver content in addition to the POSTIDENT form as necessary. For example, you can confirm participation in a direct debit scheme or acknowledgement of general terms and conditions.
This is how the identification by postman and signing of document works
Preparation and delivery
Produce POSTIDENT form.
Promptly inform customers of impending identity verification visit.
Hard copies of the form and an optional letter to the customer are sent to Deutsche Post AG.
Deliver with Delivery list in the POSTIDENT envelope. Optional custom texts on the form.
Verifying the customer's identity
The Deutsche Post mail carrier verifies the customer's identity.
Delivery of the letter after recording the identifying data on the form.
Collection of a customer signature under the custom additional text on the form.
Identity verification takes place at the post office if the recipient is not available when the mail carrier stops by.
Return form to requestor
Return of POSTIDENT form to the requestor.
Receive identifying data and scanned images electronically (optional, extra service).
Customer prerequisites to using this process:
- Presentation of a valid identity document that is acceptable for the process (identity card, passport, foreign identity card corresponding to the German ID).
- Note: the ID card must include a photograph and the signature of the person to be identified.
- In the case of notification, the notification card must be presented in the post office.
- The person to be identified must appear in person; this process cannot be done by a third party.
The advantages of POSTIDENT by postman and signing of document
- Collection of the customer signature on original documents
- Can be attached to shipments to the customer
- Nationwide delivery network
- Quick return of the identity verification forms
- Increased security against counterfeiting and fraud
Our prices are based on your needs. Contact us to find out more about our range of services and conditions.
Additional services for more efficiency
Provision of scan data
As the party requesting identity verification, you can opt to receive not only the hard copy of the form, but also the data and images electronically. Deutsche Post also checks the forms for completeness and logic. Errors can thus be detected and corrected before the form is returned to you.
Details of the completeness and logical checks
- Checks for completeness Are all mandatory fields completed?
- Plausibility checks
- Validation of date
- Comparison of the location against a database
These checks do not include checks of the content provided.
In the case of POSTIDENT by appointmetnt, the provision of scan data is included in the basic fee.