Premiumadress - FAQ
- What is Premiumadress?
PREMIUMADRESS is an address maintenance service. Based on the items you send, checks made by mail carriers and alignments with our databases,
PREMIUMADRESS supplies continuously updated and amended address data. If your items cannot be delivered, you will be notified of this.
A differentiation is made between information on undeliverable mail items, relocation and incorrect addresses.
The updated information on addresses and undeliverable items can normally be obtained within 1 to 2 days following attempted delivery, so that the item can be redelivered within a short time frame.
The information on addresses and undeliverable items can either be downloaded in your secure customer area at www.premiumadress.de, or it can be transferred via SFTP or you can request a print-out.
- Which types of mail item are eligible to use Premiumadress?
You can use PREMIUMADRESS for INFOPOST, letters and press products.
- Is Premiumadress a contract product?
Yes. In the contract master data for the PREMIUMADRESS System is collected, e.g. customer number, return address, billing address, regulator/publisher ID and the PREMIUMADRESS ID.
With the access data for your secure customer area you can download your address information from here.
- What sources are used to collate address information?
- Checks to ensure your mail items can be delivered are made by Deutsche Post mail carriers.
- Alignment with the relocation and deceased recipient database
- Alignment with the undeliverable mail items database (optional)
- How quickly are addresses supplied?
This depends primarily on the lead time for each basic product (letter, INFOPOST, press distribution) and any incorrect address details identified. The addresses are normally supplied within 1 to 2 days after attempted delivery.
- What differentiates Premiumadress from an advance notice?
In addition to the mail carrier checking on deliverability, details are aligned with the relocation and deceased recipient database. The address data are also made available to you electronically (download or via SFTP), and as an electronic list upon request.
- What details does the information on undeliverable mail contain?
We will notify you whether the recipient was not known, the item was refused, the item was not collected or the recipient is deceased.
- What does Premiumadress cost?
You pay per piece of address information supplied*. This means that the better the quality of your addresses, the smaller the costs for you. The price remains the same irrespective of which of the 7 product types you choose.
* For the print-out address list you pay an additional EUR 0.90 for the print and dispatch per 40 addresses started.
Information on undeliverable mail items, on deceased recipients and address amendments for letter items in conjunction with the product types PREMIUMADRESS Basis and Report (undeliverable mail items are destroyed) is free of charge.
Information on undeliverable mail 0,25 Euro Address amendment 0,25 Euro Information on undeliverable mail confirmed on database 0,50 Euro Information on deceased recipients 0,75 Euro Relocation address and information 1,04 Euro All prices are exempt from statutory VAT pursuant to the German Value-added Tax Act.
Data matrix code
- What data matrix codes are available?
The PREMIUMADRESS data matrix code is created in conjunction with the particular type of franking used, e.g. IT franking data matrix code, PREMIUMADRESS data matrix code (for INFOPOST, stamp cancelling, personal stamp cancelling, PLUSBRIEF), FRANKIT data matrix code, press distribution data matrix code. PREMIUMADRESS has been integrated into these data matrix codes. PREMIUMADRESS Label provides you with a simplified solution, although it does not give you the full flexibility of PREMIUMADRESS because codes are not created for each separate item.
- What is Premiumadress Label?
For customers who do not wish to use any software we have developed PREMIUMADRESS Label with an integrated data matrix code. This enables you to create your PREMIUMADRESS information easily on a PC which you can then use straightaway. PREMIUMADRESS Label is particularly well suited to small mail items, enabling you to leave out customer-specific information in the data matrix code, thus making it less flexible.
- What information does the data matrix code contain?
Irrespective of the type of franking used the following information is stored in the data matrix code:
- Customer number of the sender (for IT franking for the contractual partner)
- PREMIUMADRESS ID to manage various return addresses, data and invoice recipients
- Version number of the product key list
- Product key for the basic product with requested PREMIUMADRESS product type
- Customer-specific data
No customer-specific information is contained using FRANKIT and PREMIUMADRESS Label.
- Can I also use the data matrix code for customer purposes?
If yes, which?
Yes. One third of the data matrix code is available for you to use for your own purposes, e.g. for recipient customer numbers, department information, cost center allocation and customer information.
Exception: FRANKIT data matrix code and PREMIUMADRESS Label. Limited customer-specific information can be displayed via a reference number printed on the item in plain text above the recipient address. This number is recorded by Deutsche Post and returned with the address information.
- Is the information stored in the data matrix code, such as customer number or advertising code supplied electronically with the results on the deliverability of items?
Yes. The "customer-specific information from the data matrix code" is sent back to you along with the address information.
Exception: Retoure option
- Is there a program certification process with Premiumadress?
In the case of IT franking, the PREMIUMADRESS data matrix code for INFOPOST, AFM, PWZ etc. as well as press distribution franking is subject to certification of the data content of the franking mark using test prints carried out by technical consultants or the PREMIUMADRESS service team. This is to ensure that the items are correctly processed and that the sender is provided with the address information they require. In the case of IT franking and press distribution franking this certification is compulsory. But in the case of the PREMIUMADRESS data matrix code and FRANKIT items and PREMIUMADRESS Label certification is also recommended prior to dispatch, in order to ensure that the data matrix code and print quality are correct.
- How can the data matrix code be produced?
INFOPOST and letters using PREMIUMADRESS can be produced using INFOPOST-MANAGER. For standard periodicals the MANAGER PRESSE DISTRIBUTION is available. The current IT franking software solutions also support PREMIUMADRESS and FRANKIT. There are also various software solution providers that support the data matrix code.
Further information is available from the PREMIUMADRESS service team (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) or your IT franking adviser, whom you can find at www.deutschepost.de/dv-freimachung.
PREMIUMADRESS Label is a simplified solution which enables you to create your data matrix code without requiring other software on your PC.
- Can envelopes with sender’s instructions printed on them also have a Premiumadress impression?
Envelopes with sender’s instructions (in writing) printed on them can also have a Premiumadress impression. In such cases Premiumadress will override sender’ instructions.
- How are amended and new data returned?
You can choose between downloading the data packages via the PREMIUMADRESS application online and data transfer via SFTP through the EDI Competence Center at Deutsche Post AG. Choose from CSV, XML or TXT data formats. We can also send you a print-out of your address information upon request.
- What data does the data record contain?
Your data record contains the following information in particular:
- Address of mail item
- Relocation address (old and new address according to redirection order)
- Address status note (undeliverable, moved etc.)
- Outcome of delivery (delivered, redirected, destroyed)
- Content of data matrix code used (e.g. recipient customer number)
- Billing information
Sample data records can be downloaded in the download section as well as a printed address list by way of example. A detailed description of the data records can be found in the PREMIUMADRESS handbook.
- How are addresses protected against misuse?
The data transfer uses https when downloading. Upon request the data package can be PGP encoded (PGP=Pretty Good Privacy) during the SFTP transfer.
- Are address lists passed on to third parties?
No. Address details may not be passed on to third parties under any circumstances.
- What does "Information that a mail item is undeliverable confirmed by database check" mean?
"Information that a mail item is undeliverable confirmed by database check" means that a mail carrier reported an address as "undeliverable" and that this address has been subsequently checked against the mail reference file and other database resources at Deutsche Post Direkt and confirmed as undeliverable. The information that an address is "undeliverable" can come from a number of sources (for example as a result of an internal address check).
- What data does the redirection database contain?
The database is supplied from the current (valid) redirection orders for private individuals and companies.
- Where do the entries for the deceased recipients database come from?
The database contains all persons known to be deceased from the mail reference file, which were taken from the cooperation with the Bundesverband des Deutschen Bestattungsgewerbes (German Federal Association of Funeral Directors) or other cooperation partners (internal address checks, redirection order).