Book shipments - the economical alternative for dispatching books
Since 01/01/2013, greatly simplified content criteria have applied to books:
- Items can be prepared using, for example, photocopiers, laser printers, computer printers.
- Factual information can be inserted loose or attached to items or their packaging. Such information/supplements can be, for example:
- The invoice or delivery note for the contents of the item.
- A payment form, also pre-printed, with the invoice amount.
- A return reply envelope or return label.
- A lending slip.
- Printed documents, for example, brochures, cards with general and interchangeable texts (e.g., 'with best wishes for a good year') or general printed texts. These printed documents may not, however, be the main dispatch item.
- Brief information describing the content, for example: internal label, location and date of dispatch as well as sender details and signature.
- Books may contain advertising and a dedication, if the following criteria are met:
- The advertising in or on the main dispatch item must be limited to the outer and inner sides of the envelope and to a maximum of four consecutive pages at the beginning and end of the item.
- The dedication may consist of a short phrase, such as 'in loving memory, the author', to which brief quotes may also be added. This dedication can also be on a loosely attached sheet or card.
- Catalogues, flyers and other advertising may be included with the main dispatch item.
Addressed written communications (letters) are still not permitted, e.g.:
- Individual letter texts of all kinds, whether handwritten or printed.
- Texts with salutation (e.g., 'Dear customer').
- Texts with a politeness formula (e.g., 'Yours sincerely').
- Personal messages (e.g., 'rest to follow').
Book shipments prices since 2013/01/01
|Groß||10-35.3 cm||7-30 cm||up to 15 cm||up to 500 g||EUR 1.00*|
|Maxi||10-35.3 cm||7-30 cm||up to 15 cm||up to 1000 g||EUR 1.65*|
|* Exempt from statutory VAT pursuant to the German Value-added Tax Act.|
|Do you have questions about book shipments?
We look forward to talking to you. Contact